Thursday, March 8, 2012

Love in all forms.

 It's mid week! Time is really zooming by; not that I'm complaining.. only an exact count of 48 days away from the end of the end of the end of schooling! can't believe i spent 18/23=78.260869565217% of my life with books.

Yesterday was a day out with my little sisters and my ex-tutee (who very kindly treated us to bbq! :D ) the experience at the 'korean' bbq outlet at Marina Cove was one-of-its-kind. Certainly out of this world and deserves to be the next blog post before the shop officially puts its shutters down at the end of the month -.-"

The 4 of us took an hour walk down Katong, Joo Chiat and finally ending up at Marine Parade. The sun at its full glory.. 30 degree celcius, 3000% level of humidity. But what got me interested was this conversation that I overheard between this pair of primary school girls from Tao Nan School while we were crawling to ECP. It brought back a lot of thoughts that I've had about love.


The conversation..

---
Girl A: "blah blah blah blah blah... *some conversation going on..
Girl B: "Omg is that Issac!? 那个是 Isaac leh!"  (That is Isaac leh!) "which way are you going to walk?"
Girl A points at direction directly away from where Isaac was
Girl B: "huh. wah lao all your fault la, why you want to walk there.. otherwise can see Isaac" *insert whines*
Girl A: 不管啦 (don't care lah)
Girl B: "huh.... walk here leh... please please please. 你走这边,明天我请你吃东西 please please please" (you walk here, tomorrow I treat you food)

Girl A complied though I honestly think she can't be bothered with the food anyway. Girl B was really excited and nervous hahahahha she kept swooning over her price charming Isaac who was perfecting his shots at the basketball court.. "omg... 是他在打篮球.. that's Isaac leh.."

As they were nearing Isaac, girl B was tightening her already perfect ponytail while she asked girl A,
"我的头发有没有乱?" (is my hair messy?)
 ---


A scene that is familiar to most of us. If not, all of us. I was telling Hazel yesterday how I used to make very regular trips to the toilet in primary school, asking my friends "wanna go toilet?" just so that I can walk past this particular classroom to catch a glimpse of this boy with the Armani hairstyle.

From that short moment of 'stalking' and 'eavesdropping' yesterday, i started wondering just when did we exactly know love? 'Love' that is now a carelessly and overly used word.. just how did we define it? Focusing on girl-boy relationships, it reminded me of myself being just as silly as them. Yet, that bout of silliness is so innocent.

How we progressed with knowing, finding out and eventually wanting love is still a wonder to me. I wondered what Girl B saw in Isaac.. Was it his basketball skills? His height? His cute-looking face?

It is a wonderful feeling when you see people from all walks of life come together to be a couple. I've been seeing so many of my friends get in and out of their relationships. A lot of them hold true to what love is and have a definition of their own when it comes to love. Most of the time, they stay together. When they're happy, as friends, we're also happy for them :) All of this bliss radiates! But when they don't stay forever, we watch people battle with their hearts, their lives and their everything.. though some are in the battlefield for long, it's always pleasing to know that they eventually gather enough courage to move on.

Well, love's not lost because love is everywhere. Don't look for love in people. Love is everywhere. In your family, your friends, your neighbours and even in strangers. Not everyone's so expressive in doing the big and loud declarations of "I LOVE YOU" every single day. Take note of the little things they do, the details in their gifts, the thoughts in their actions and the words in their messages. Sometimes, even the clothes they wear. They think for you even before they think for themselves.

Love is such a wonder, isn't it?

Alright enough wondering..
just to share this lovely video that i came across this afternoon. It's an animated wedding proposal video that  is really cute (very well done with the animation too!) and speaks so much about the love that this couple shared <3


Mike & Christie - Proposal from Christie St. Martin on Vimeo.
* If you see that "The connection was reset.", please scoll down and hit the "Try Again" button! i don't know what's wrong with my embed code but it works thereafter! :)


Till the next post to slam bham and wham the stupid 'korean' bbq that we had yesterday...
Have a little love everyday!

P.S. I tried to beo Isaac but he was not interested in me hahahaha. But i know he knows that girl B is having a crush on him. Another wonder which we will never finish wondering about.



No comments:

Post a Comment