Monday, April 2, 2012

Eating woes.

1st April 2012; 9pm

I just finished half a loaf of kaya-peanut butter jiam tao lo di (aka 'sharp head bread' aka the Singaporean/Asian Baguette). This bread's a lot fatter in size and slightly drier than the french baguette but it has it's own yummy taste to boot! I was feeling happy with myself for eating right this evening and i actually did my exercise. So so pleased with myself.... before I succumbed to.. bread. I can say "no" to many things but I'll be cruel to say no to bread :( hence........ i've got a 7cm long 5cm wide 3cm thick bread swimming in my stomach of peanut butter and kaya now. Well, guilty pleasures.

Reckoned I got my crazy love for bread from my dad. Every other weekend, he returns home with a loaf of traditional bread like that. I hate and love it. Hate that I have to pretend that I am not interested. Hate that I have to pretend that I dislike peanut butter and kaya. Love it though when he is too full to finish the entire loaf. Love it when I sneak up to a piece.. then to the 2nd.. then eventually to everything. BREAD MONSTER RAH!

 
love of my life. bread carb bread carb. 
above image credited to aceirus (idk i found him from google lol)

Really need to stop eating so much because I've had way too much cake this week. Don't think of them in slices. Think whole cakes. I cheated myself into thinking that I can settle with a small slice but the evil fork leads me to more than what I thought was enough... I finished half a cake in less than 10 minutes. It was so good I couldn't stop at ONE SLICE! 

Just this week, I've had one half of a 18cm diameter cake (orange butter cake) and two halves of a 7cm x 14cm cake (chocolate banana walnut cake). Please allow me to blame it on stress, school and the likes for my bad in consuming 3 halves of cake IN A WEEK!? Those calorie buddies creeping up on me. zzzzzzzzzz

That said, BOTH OF MY LITTLE SISTERS REALLY NEED TO STOP BAKING AND START GOING TO SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY ARE SCREWING UP MY 'BE HEALTHY' PLAN. I know no one else will eat the cakes if I don't.. It pains me because I cannot watch a fantastic cake go to waste. 

Oh, #firstworldpains.

Anyway, may I present to you the world's most unpretentious cake that my sister, Maggie, baked. You're right if you think that a cake looking like that can never taste good. It doesn't taste good because this is.. SO DAMN GOOD. Nothing could be better than a block of cake packed with chocolate, banana and walnut. Quantity counts but quality is never compromised. 

How i loveeee lovee loveee this cake i'm going to force my sister to perfect this! I remember how I cringed at the sight of the cake.. "omg the cake.... why like that....". Like a skeptic, I took one bite... and never looked back. In one night, I took on the world with n more of these and unknowingly polished off more than half of the entire cake.

This, is the power of ugly.

Super ugly? It's super yummy!!!!!

 
this is only a small square measuring approximately 5 x 5 cm. Look at all those food popping!! 
I'm going to name this the CWBC (Chocolate walnut banana cake) 

Chocolate banana walnut cake sounds better.. but CWBC > CBWC leh...

 
Here, please take a bite off your screen. 

HOHO THE CWBC <3

No comments:

Post a Comment