Monday, February 13, 2012

CNY prelude + reviews!


Hellooooo! :)
It's been such an insane week dealing with all sorts of illnesses. Really need to stop falling sick after this bout of attacks. School's been catching up toooo quickly. oh gosh. tell me again why do i hate the pace of this tiny little island? :( i enjoy what i'm studying, just that I hate the pace of this. not forgetting the competitiveness in my school which is entirely unnecessary. stupid crazy world! i really should graduate soon. Had better chiong this semester and get over with this entire thing about schooling. 

Anyhow! Here's a small prelude to the CNY post that might be up sometime lol..

Pre-CNY 2012




Spot the "winner melon"!
 
Little sis Hazel and Dad!
My dad and i and our phones. I'm aware of where I got all my bits of genes for snapping when i saw my dad getting all happy taking pictures of Chinatown! I bet we'll be instagram friends if only Instagram supported the Android! pity...

We then headed for late dinner at Jalan Besar. Wanted to hop right into Swee Choon for some super awesome dim sum!! but we ended up at this new tzechar place that mummy was recommending... and omg there is this one awesome dish that made up for the lost dimsum. A plate of CHAO TA BEE HOON.
Daddy's bowl of prawn noodles.
THE CHAOTA ONE. Sorry I only had one photo because my parents were waiting impatiently to devour this unassuming plate of goodness. It's so crispy because it is chao ta (burnt). Definitely didn't smell or look too good. But whao wait till you bite into it. Crispy outside, springy inside. Almost bursting with flavour!  omnomnom!
 
If you're interested!
Yong Kee Seafood Restaurant
43 Jalan Besar
 
 
CNY Eve

Headed for reunion dinner! The food wasn't too bad.. just that I wasn't in too good a mood... soooo, few pictures :(
what my dad wrote on a used parking coupon and placed in on the windscreen of another car that his car was blocking. hahahha hilarious "sorry ok". The car owner really appreciated it though!
YUSHENG MY FAVOURITE <3
My sisters at the other side of the table..


ok. end of CNY eve. -.- oh man looking very boring :/ I need to learn how to start taking pictures in Singapore.. of things and people. Funny how it isn't the same taking pictures elsewhere. Aigoo.... CNY pictures in full blast sometime soon! :) 
 
Alright! so here are reviews of the item(s) that i've received!

thetinselrack Must be love scoop back dress in forest green

Fits like a glove! i really like the colour, material and cutting of this dress! I love it now that blogshop owners are taking good consideration in providing quality apparel! Great on the pocket, great on the body hahahahahha 
anyway, one sad thing about this lovely dress is the length :( slightly too short for me.. now i really dont know if i should be keeping this or selling this away :( so sad.. 
 
 
Megagamie Preppy 60's dress in Tangerine
 
really wanted to get the one in Khaki until my lilsis kept complaining that i've got one too many clothing in neutral colours :( so i got this piece instead - not regretting; lovely! colour is less bright in real life.. colour might differ slightly from the site but still, pretty enough to keep! Great length, brilliant material! the belt is slightly too big for me though :( now im wishing to buy a belt punch.. any idea where i can get those? i also love the chiffon sleeves!!! :) like it that it's ~3/4 length and does not hinder my arm movements. I usually hate 3/4 length but this dress is great! :)
 
my stupid pictures also make the dress look less beautiful than it really is :/
 
cute buttons!
 
 
decided to do a random add-on to this review section.. 

ching ching! i love my bag and accessories, as always :) 
 
 
and finally introducing my love, together with something that I wrote yesterday when i was just taking another look at you...
 
I believe in love at first sight only because of you. i still remember the day we first met at Selfridges and Co., London. That look of you.. how pure and divine. I couldn't take my eyes of you. How beautiful you looked, how wonderful you smelt, how soft your skin felt against mine. 
 
Today, you belong to me; you belong with me. 
 
You are my best bet in 2011: the Saffiano Metal trifold wallet in Bluette from Prada. (LOL don't beat me :/) the saleslady told me you're a "new release" and a "limited edition". Even till today, I'm not too sure if you are.. but definitely my best buy. so damn beautiful! <3 <3 <3

tsk tsk tsk i think i'm gonna get punched for writing something like that :/ but indeed, this wallet has got to be my best purchase in a long time. haven't felt in love in a while.. and this blew me away :) the pictures do not even do this beauty justice! my friends loved this pretty little one even before knowing it's from Prada/catching a glimpse of the logo. So trust me on that; it's not the brand because I'm not big on labels (might also be because I cannot afford to). For me to dig into my savings for a large purchase like this... this certainly has to be something.
 
Truly, the textured leather and colour. Incomparable. Impeccable!
This lil blue one will be with me for a really long time.
 
 
Hang in there with my insanity till I find another love so true, be it in the form of a man, object, pet or subject. Waiting for someone or something to blow me away!

Till then, have yourself a wonderful Valentines' Day! If you'll be spending it with a significant other or a potential other... i hope you're all geared up with the perfect dress and combo to kill, plaster on a hugeeeee smile and all ready to make it a day/night to remember!
 
 For those who are spending the day with a no-potential other, a bunch of girlfriends/close friends, a happy family, a pet or even a textbook.... be it anyone/anything; don't let the couple-y vibes kill your spirits. Be sure to know that you're only just another year closer to a different Valentines' :) make the day count! Don't waste your love getting all sad wondering when's your turn.. instead, go spread your love with the ones who deserve it!

Till then, 
 
(hahha sorry how crappy this looks -.- no time to perfect it :/)
GET THE MESSAGE THOUGH!! MAKE YOUR DAY COUNT!!!! <3


With all the love in my world,


No comments:

Post a Comment